Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wind Chill Advisory 12/31/2017...

Downthehole

• View Profile
All,

We talk a lot about ice safety i.e whether it’s safe to go on the ice. Rarely have I seen discussion on other hazards associated with being outdoors. You should all be aware of the wind chill advisory in force for the next 38hrs....

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin. The wind chill will range from 10 below zero to 20 below zero, except Monday night into Tuesday morning when the wind chill will be colder than 20 below zero.

* WHERE...Portions of East Central Indiana and Central and West Central Ohio.

* WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to noon EST Tuesday.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can occur if precautions are not taken.

Check your local weather for more details...

Since hyperthermia will occur after 15mins in the water at this time of year, the wind chill hazard, described above, is very significant.

Stay safe!

Andy

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:27:05 PM by Downthehole »
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good point!  Thanks Andy.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahaha   that's how I got my screen name  snowcone    frozen like a pop sicle,  we don't feel the cold , were icers   hahahah  oh wait my sled is froze to the ice. oh crap my tongue is stuck to my scoop.  aww just kiddin around  still ..  I had  frostbite on the end of my nose once because I fell in . but andys got a good point we look forward to the cold and it can hurt you so fast .  keep warm all   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar