Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:51:41 AM

Author Topic: Warm up coming...  (Read 4844 times)

Downthehole

• View Profile
Warm up coming...
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:56:12 PM »

Looks like we’ll have a warm-up starting Sunday, the lows should maintain the ice for a while......
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Re: Warm up coming...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »

I am actually looking forward to a warm up,these temps have been brutal....... :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »

Amen!!  Frigid!!  But welcome after no ice last 2 years.  I just hope the warm up will melt the snow on Top and it’ll refreeze overnight and create 2 more inches of ice.  Pulling the shanty all over Deer Creek today through the snow and cold thought I was going to die!! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »

I'm with you slab, I've been out 6 times this season,  dragging the sled all over the place in the brutal -negative to just above freezing temps is not a joke, the body is hurting a bit today and will gladly take a couple days off and wait for the warm-ups, 20 degrees would be a blessing to fish in

Downthehole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 06:53:34 PM »

It has been super cold...my concern is that a week from now we’ll have a high in the 50’s. Lows will stay in the 20’s so we may be in thaw/freeze mode. Hoping the ice will survive..
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 07:39:40 PM »

I think it’s going to. Especially up here.  And I agree that was rough last few days. Dragging all over I’m sore in places tonight I didn’t know I had.  And I didn’t even fish long today.  The last 2 mild winters have me out of ice fishing shape!  Lol!!  But I’ll push through it. However I’m glad we have family obligations tomorrow so the legs can rest!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 09:56:26 PM »

Yeah its been brutal out there but at least we have good ice. Hope it lasts. This forecast gets worse every time I look at it. Several days in the 40s and 50s and rain over the next couple weeks aren't gonna help. Hopefully it holds up.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »

I just peeked at the weather forecast, it looks like Monday I can leave the shanty behind and break out the shorts, Tuesday I can wear the flipflops and no shirt, that's compared to the temps I've fished in the past week, not complaining only stating, these subzero temps have been brutal, we have to bring ice safety back into consideration if the warming trend hits and we get a significant runoff

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 10:22:55 PM »

I think it’s going to. Especially up here.  And I agree that was rough last few days. Dragging all over I’m sore in places tonight I didn’t know I had.  And I didn’t even fish long today.  The last 2 mild winters have me out of ice fishing shape!  Lol!!  But I’ll push through it. However I’m glad we have family obligations tomorrow so the legs can rest!!
You know slab as I was dragging all my gear across 2 different lakes today I was thinking"do you really need everything in this sled? " something to think about. May be easier on the legs if we didn't have so much crap. Then again every once in a while you need that 9th rod.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar