Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:06:22 AM

Author Topic: 1/4/18 Report  (Read 3683 times)

Downthehole

• View Profile
1/4/18 Report
« on: January 04, 2018, 07:57:45 PM »

Fished from 11:00am to 5:00pm in 6’ of water on 8-1/2” of ice. There was a breeze when I got out which made it feel a lot colder than it was. I was using a Marcum Recon 5+ for the first time and got to see what was going on below. I had lots of marks, lost 2 at the hole but overall I skunked. The fish seemed to come up to my bait, sniff it and then swim off. I tried several lures and got the most interest on a gold Swedish pimple and pink rattle spoon.

Nevertheless, it was a good day, I learned a lot and can’t wait to get out again tomorrow...

Andy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:49:23 AM by Downthehole »
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

quackpot

• View Profile
Re: 1/4/18 Report
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »

You're making me jealous getting to go every day.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:12:06 PM »

Not sure where you were at but I was there from 5:30 am until dark, I had no luck in the morning on eyes, so we moved up in the river and did really well on the crappies, biggest was 14" and I kept 16 but had to sort through a bunch of dink, moved back in the main bay in 5 fow I was using orange pimple tipped with minnow head, I caught 2, the 2 guys beside me sitting on the buckets limited out using the same bait, their biggest was pushing 5lbs. We are not pounding the bottom of the lake, we are jigging about a foot off the bottom, when we mark fish, we work that fish until it bites or moves on, I wont be there tomorrow or the rest of the weekend, the lake tends to get pretty busy so I'll opt out and hit Loramie and look for the elusive eyes on that lake. Good luck

Downthehole

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:17 AM »

Not sure where you were at but I was there from 5:30 am until dark, I had no luck in the morning on eyes, so we moved up in the river and did really well on the crappies, biggest was 14" and I kept 16 but had to sort through a bunch of dink, moved back in the main bay in 5 fow I was using orange pimple tipped with minnow head, I caught 2, the 2 guys beside me sitting on the buckets limited out using the same bait, their biggest was pushing 5lbs. We are not pounding the bottom of the lake, we are jigging about a foot off the bottom, when we mark fish, we work that fish until it bites or moves on, I wont be there tomorrow or the rest of the weekend, the lake tends to get pretty busy so I'll opt out and hit Loramie and look for the elusive eyes on that lake. Good luck

I was at the bowl in the mouth of the river towards the left as you look upstream (red Eskimo flip). When I got there I was in a line of shanty’s. Towards the end of the day folk had moved back (downstream) and further left.

Andy

Downthehole

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 05:27:57 AM »

You're making me jealous getting to go every day.

I booked time off work - it will be nose to the grindstone next week..

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »

Okay Andy I forgive you then, lol. Work always interferes with fishing.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar