Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NW OHIO

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Currently up here in the very NW corner(12 mile from Indiana and 18 mile from Michigan) most of the lakes have about 5-6" of ice(been fishing mainly Michigan and Indiana). Tomorrow's forecast is calling for 40 some degrees with 50's on Thursday and rain, >:( >:( >:( >:(

This weekend is calling for rain turning to sleet and ice followed by 8 or more inches of snow :o :o

This will make life interesting; trying to determine how much the ice is compromised before it is covered with all the snow ::) ::)

The ice may be sketchy next week and will required a smitty sled to get out in that much snow...

Tightlines.
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
I consider myself in the NW, but not quite as NW as you.  I was out on Sunday to Willard and it was a breeze to drag my flip sled.  Maybe .5" of snow on top and smooth ice on the pressure cracks.  Got the day off on Monday and decided to stay close to home and hit the Attica Res.  It had 2" of snow and 2" of water on top the ice.......... damn near killed me dragging my gear from one end to the other.  haha

I do agree, these next couple days are going to change the ice significantly.  I am just hoping not much damage is done and then it STAYS good and cold.  Fingers crossed.

Vexilar