Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saugeye The Movie

Downthehole

• View Profile
All,

Here’s a link to some video clips I took with my Marcum Recon 5+ on Indian Lake last week:

https://youtu.be/xHUvdyUwPlc

I posted a review of the Recon 5+ in the reviews section last week. The clips were recorded during daylight so after early morning bite and before evening bite. The recording quality isn’t the best as I’m still getting the hang of recording/editing. I tried all sorts of lures and jigging techniques but couldn’t get them to bite (Made me remember I’m still a Newbie). The reaction of the fish is interesting when they sniff the bait. I thought it was a scent thing so I wore rubber gloves and still had the same thing. My thought on the Recon 5+ far is the great thing is that you can see what’s going on down there, the bad thing is that you can see what’s going on down there....

Andy
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:30:20 PM by Downthehole »
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

byg

• View Profile
cool those look like some nice size fish sniffing your bait

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Very cool stuff! I think if you were using custom venom inferno spoons you would 've having saugeye for dinner! Your in luck because I know where you can get those spoons.  ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Downthehole

• View Profile
Very cool stuff! I think if you were using custom venom inferno spoons you would 've having saugeye for dinner! Your in luck because I know where you can get those spoons.  ;D

Do they come with a no dinner, money back guarantee??

Downthehole

• View Profile
Oh! Did get the attached photo too....I couldn’t figure out if it was Bruce or Bobby spear fishing.....(j/k)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:57:28 AM by Downthehole »

bruce136

• View Profile
My money is on Bobby. I guarantee the ultimate “fishing tackle hoarder” has spear fishing equipment buried somewhere in his garage.

Your video is exactly why I refuse to buy a camera. It would drive me crazy watching that.  Lol

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Lol. Yeah its bad enough when you can see a mark that won't eat your bait. To actually watch it on TV might push me over the edge

Downthehole

• View Profile
Your video is exactly why I refuse to buy a camera. It would drive me crazy watching that.  Lol

Lol. Yeah its bad enough when you can see a mark that won't eat your bait. To actually watch it on TV might push me over the edge

The interesting thing is that I saw fish on the camera that didn’t show on the flasher. I did have the gain turned down and in 5’ of water the cone from the ducer isn’t that big.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
neat video,but that would drive me nuts as well................ :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Agree... it's bad enough seeing them on the electronics and not getting bit.  Those were some nice eyes!

g

• View Profile
Nice video Andy.At least with the camera, you can tell what is not biting. Without the camera, I can try and convince myself the non-biting marks are baitfish. LOL

Downthehole

• View Profile
Nice video Andy.At least with the camera, you can tell what is not biting. Without the camera, I can try and convince myself the non-biting marks are baitfish. LOL

It’s been interesting with the camera to say the least.....

Vexilar