Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:23:50 PM

Author Topic: Late MLK day report  (Read 2157 times)

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Late MLK day report
« on: January 16, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »

Had a rough start to my morning yesterday.  Went to put my junk shanty in the car after it ran for 20 minutes and all doors except the driver side were froze tight.  I instead loaded my small sled and gear through the door and headed west.  Got bait and on the ice by 730~.  

Went over to North Fork first and tried for eyes and crappie.  Drilled around looking for marks but only found dirty water.  Fished for 3 hours only marking some high crappie who weren't willing so decided to move across the island to fish for gills for a while.

Fished for another few hours, drilled around and finally settled down over some marked on the edge of the pads.  Had lots of small fish with only some keepers.  Bite was soft and slow for sure.

Last stop was Blackhawk.  Only two other vehicles there and I didn't see them so I figured they were back at Lucy's.  I was still setup for gills so started there.  Caught a few more keepers with a big one just over 10".  Moved and tried jigging for eyes.  Few lookers but didn't hook up.

Ice Conditions at Blackhawk were alright.  It was making ice the entire time I was out there and being the only one there a few pressure cracks spooked me a little.  There is a big crack way out front with shove ice but otherwise seemed fine.  Just check your own ice if you go.

Good luck
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:07:55 PM by MDBuckeye »
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar