Ice Fish Ohio Forum

dont get wet

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow with this super warm up ice will go fast  so  DONT GET WET  
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:31:37 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
YEP,Thats not on my bucket list.............. :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Figures, just bought a new shelter and don't get to use it. To  bad that you can't buy luck. Last time I sat watching a hole when water was on top was back in the 70's---young and dumb, don't do it.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
got that right    lol   couple years ago I was on nimi  and the water was runnin down the hole so fast it looked like a sink draining.  I drilled holes around me to divert the water so I could fish   

quackpot

• View Profile
Snowcone I say that Sunday afternoon, I almost got dizzy watching it.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I hear ya quackpot   and just when ya think water coming up the hole is freaky lol

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I don’t like either one.  I’m done till it refreezes.  Now that I have a baby I don’t feel the need to be out on sketchy ice like this is now.  I’ll fish on 2 1/2-3” of good clear ice, but this stuff now has a ton of air bubbles and been through several freeze thaw cycles. Another polar vortex is supposed to come around February 2 according to the Weather channel. I’ll be ready with fully dry and reorganized gear!  Hoping for 3-4 weeks of Ice in February!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I'm thinkin same ,  I hope there is more ice time yet , but  if not I hear the call of silver   .....

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
It really depends on where you go fellas, I was an hour north of Findlay over the weekend, at a spot called Wauseon. There was 12" of ice, caught my pb perch too! (11.5"). Today I was on Ashley up ground and depending on the spot, the ice was sketchy 1' to 2' off the bank but past that the ice was 4.5" to 5.5". Hopefully the coldsnap comes quicker and lasts longer than forecasted and starts rebuilding the thin stuff
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

Vexilar