Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New addict

smark · 8 · 6450

smark

• View Profile
Hello Everyone!

My name is Mark. I haven't fished all that much in the last 10 years or so, but used to live for fishing (mainly bass). One of my best old fishing buddies took me ice fishing for the first time on Indian Lake the first week of January. We caught just one saugeye each that first day out, not keepers, but hit it again about 2 weeks later and caught a great dinner.

Been waking up thinking about ice fishing, and going to bed with it still on my mind. Really hoping that the ice isn't done for the year.

Looking forward to reading through the forums. I've got a lot to learn.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome!  This is the place to gather information. I don’t think we’re done for the year yet!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome to site, this is the your go to place when it comes to ice fishing!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Hi Mark,welcome aboard............ :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Downthehole

• View Profile
Mark, welcome on board! I live on Indian Lake. If you ever need any info feel free to reach out and I’ll do my best to help. We have a board for Indian Lake in the forum. Check it out.

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
greetings .  surf away
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

smark

• View Profile
Thanks guys! Already learned a bunch.. Ice Safety was the first forum I started looking through. More for the gear list.

Thanks Downthehole! My buddy has been going just the last 3-4 years or so. He's learned a bit about finding the fish. Which I guess will be my biggest struggle. I don't really know much about saugeye behavior yet. We hit a few open water spots Friday evening, and I, at least, didn't have near the confidence that I'd had through the ice. Part of the fun is the learning!

Downthehole

• View Profile
Part of the fun is the learning!

So true! And on this website you’ll meet a lot of great folks while doing so!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Vexilar