Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/8/18

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The beat goes on........more finicky bite today but still got on fish.  Hit the lake with Snowcone and z400wolverine and we got some nice fish.  On tungsten jigs Fishing about 6 feet under the ice in 7-11 feet of water.  All my fish came on waxies.  Copper and firetiger were best colors.  Here’s a few pics.......they flip right way when clicked on.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Between 4-5” everywhere we drilled. With some areas closer to 6”. There was 3-4” of snow on Top and if we get some rain and a freeze by Sunday night it could really help us out a lot!  Add 2” overnight.  But it’s ok for time being. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sure was fun chasin fish with you and wolverine ,  they just didn't want  to play today.  but man for it being a slow day you caught a couple nice bass  n  craps.    next time I'm putting on that copper jig ya gave me too see if it fishes the same catch rate as you do  on that thing...lol  i like those long rods ya use i have 2 in the garage i should take with me next time. wolverene has a sweet sonar set up also but then im partial to garmins lol  ...tell ya what that wind started picking up when you bounced and wolverine and i wasnt far behind ya on the escape..
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:37:56 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I like the longer rods especially if I know big bass are around.  I don’t lose bigger fish on them because they have more bend and less likely to get slack in the line.  If I’m going just after gills or Crappie I’ll go a little shorter.  The longer ones you lose a little control of your lure, but being able to get those big bass in I’ll accept that trade off!!  And yes, that wind did suck! 

Team Wilcraft!

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Look like you guys had a better day than I did for sure! Nice catches!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i guess it was just an off day. but tomm the fish should be hungry  right?   bobber I cant believe you bombed out  you always get on fish. maybe tomm I will head up to the big pond for a change of scenery.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
i guess it was just an off day. but tomm the fish should be hungry  right?   bobber I cant believe you bombed out  you always get on fish. maybe tomm I will head up to the big pond for a change of scenery.

I’ve been having a rough go this week. Locating fish hasn’t been a problem lots of chasers that don’t want to buy what I’m selling. Hopefully they put the feed bag on soon!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Couldn’t agree more!! 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar