Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2=10 nimi in the rain

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well folks hit c-6 about 930  launched and headed towards the isles stopped half way and started drillin and lookin. must have drilled 20 holes all the way up close to the island in 7 ft. tungsten and maggots , vis was only 2-3 ft , ice was at least 8 all over . caught perch in most holes on bott , and lost 2 BIG fish under the hole  I would guess cats by the fact my tip was buried and didn't want to come in  and then  pink you feel the hook pop ..most active fish were at 17 to 24 ft  and wanted a real vigerous jig and then sink slightly and lift ..lots of people out today a few guys had perch closer to shore and a couple of guys I bumped into in the parking lot had a nice bass they got.. the rain drove me off and made dragin a b....ch 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
That rain made the drag pretty awful! Not just the slush the wet snow was like trying to drag my sled through sand! At least that rain should help us in the long run once all that slop freezes back up!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I hear ya , now today I go outside and its all frozen up ..luckily I dried all my gear last night
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar