Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Long Lake PLX 2/13/18

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hit Long Lake for the very first time this season. Fished 5pm-7:30pm with Minnowhead Ray. No Shanty. Ice was 6-7" Thick. No Soft Spots. 6-7fow. Waxies & Spikes. Dink Gills & Perch. No redears. Ray iced 1 nice 11" Crappie. Kept the 3 Herons around for dinner. They ate until they were full. Extremely nice evening.. no wind or rain for a change. Got home in time to shower, dinner & watch & CAVS game.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report John,and a cavs win as well,looks like their latest new players are working out for them............... :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
now ya got your ice fix buddy  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
19x on the ice this season.... and I'm not ready to put the ice gear away yet
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me neither!  But I did clean and put the shanty back downstairs last night.  Any more trips this year will be light gear. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I stowed my gear this afternoon................ :-\ :-\ :-\
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

[email protected]

• View Profile
Long lake was on fire last night for crappie. Hitting fish constantly on a # 6 jay hook tipped with a minnow and my secret bait on the tip of the hook. Biggest was 13 inches . lotta fun . bite was strong from 6pm until about 12am

Vexilar