Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mother Nature's Tease

g · 20 · 8072

g

• View Profile
Looks like Mother Nature is teasing us again. Our good start to ice will be squashed this weekend with high temps and rain. Big surprise. Hopefully, cold temps will be here to stay in the near future.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey  G  I fell on a frozen puddle yesterday in my drive  so im thinkin its on the way   hahahah  remember last year , froze all at once       soon buddy soon
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It?s still November.  It?s coming............... ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
I know it's coming slab, just anxious. I know it is unusually cold for Nov., I just hope it's a taste of what is coming. Sorry to hear you fell and I hope you are OK.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I feel like it's gonna be a good cold long winter.  Gonna get back up to Erie and its gonna be on fire!

g

• View Profile
The temps are heading in the right direction. Now if we don't get any wind, we will have a chance for some early ice. My hopes are high, like usual.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
..Still Hoping my target date of Dec 21st is spot on

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
ok john,sounds good,if you are correct I will give you a Cuban cigar,if you are wrong I will still give it to you,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Dan1441

• View Profile
Been fishing for many years, but last year was my first year on the ice and I caught the bug, anxious to get out again. Still a newbie when it comes to a lot of things but you guys have filled this site with great information which is very helpful. When I've been watching the forecast I was getting nervous it's not getting cold enough but everyone seem to think we're off to a good start. Can I ask when the typical ice season starts and ends in NE Ohio? I know this is a bit of a loaded question, much depends on Mother Nature but if somebody were to maybe just give me a rough average it will help me understand how long the season typically is.

Thanks...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
typically a good season would begin around the first of January and last till mid march...?????.. ;)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Don't get too optimistic Dan. These guys start getting excited in august...Lol. looks like it will be at least a few weeks but hopefully before Christmas

Dan1441

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
my boat gave me stink eye today hahahah   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Excited in Aug? Why so late. LOL Many years the first day of ice fishing on Indian Lake has been on Christmas day. Hope we beat it this year. Hey snowcone, give your boat the finger and call it even.

Vexilar