Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anybody have an ICE Report for anywhere?

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
For being around 3.5 to 4 inches thick, C4 was doing a lot of cracking yesterday when I was out there. Caught a lot of dink gills with a few decent ones mixed in for the 4 hours I was out there. About a dozen people out there, most catching about the same with a stray perch getting caught here and there. Was going to go out but figure the guys that didn't get a chance to get out will be there so I hope they catch some decent ones before the snow chases them off. Be safe.

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Seems kinda weird that nobody post any reports,I got a text from my friend saying that he saw 5 people on nimi today. so it looks like we got a stay of execution from the governor(the weasel )on ice at least for a short time. 

crappiehunter

• View Profile
i went out to nimi today at the campgrounds. the ice was anywhere from 4 to 6 inches but man it was popping like crazy. I tried to stay out with my daughter for about 15 minutes but after 2 big cracks went right under our shanty I decided to head in. I don't mind the popping because I know its ice growing, but cracks like that are a big no for me haha

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
gotta love that snap  and then hear the crack run accross the lake, that is healthy sound  , thje ice is growing.  many times out with friends we would be sitting there and  snap  cccrrrrrrrrr   here it comes, crack would run right thru the holes , ice would bounce, and then the pucker factor , would scare the crap uotta ya..   on plx  sat  there was 4 of hard and the fish didnt want to play
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
If you don't mind a drive Houghton Lake had 24 plus inches this weekend.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wowser  24 is a work out, even my gas drill only has flutes that long plus the foot adapter to the motor. did ya get good fish on houghton , can ya walk out

Evinrude58

• View Profile
You can walk out to some spots, lake is 22,000 plus acres so transport is a big plus. Lyman's bait does rent permanent shanties that you can walk to. Fishing was really slow but Nate wanted to fish areas I wasn't familiar with so we were kind of fishing blind. Friday Roger and I tried to fish for a bit but with 50 mph winds my shanty felt like I was riding a roller coaster. At one point I thought I was going to be trolling for eyes instead of jigging. Was told to try Higgins or ST. Helen but we didn't have time.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Man that makes me jealous!!  Wish my work was slow enough to get up there. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow what a pic  being blown along in the shanty   :P

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Went out to PLX yesterday and had anywhere between 4 to 6 depending on where you drilled. Didn't catch squat but there was some action from others that I could see. On my way home I went by Nimi and only saw 1 guy and he was standing on the ice on the big cove by the camp ground big parking lot. Looked over at C4 camp ground and not a soul was out that I could see, time was 5:30pm. And it was open water by Eddies bait.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks!  Figures now I could get out I’m stuck sick as a dog.  I’m already ready for next season.  Between knee surgery, work , and now this, this year has been one frustration after another, especially after getting the Wilcraft and only using it twice so far.    :-[ :-\
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Slab, sorry to see you are under the weather. I'm in the same boat but for different reasons. It's no fun! When your knee improves and work slows down, I'm sure you will get your Wilcraft back out even if it is next season.Have patience and thanks for all your posts and reports all year.Good Luck!
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks!!  Same here! 
At least I did get it out a couple times and know what I want to do over the summer to improve fishing from it!

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
your wills is cool joel,  aer ya going to hit erie next year, im going to motorize my sled for next year so i can keep up with ya   hahahah

Blackcat86

• View Profile
There never was a more beautiful winter's morning.  Seven inches of ice on Nettle Lake when I got there.  The ramp ice was OK.  Hit the south basin with everything I had.  Six hours and six fish later, I walked off with a smile on my sunburned face. 

Vexilar