Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:21:05 AM

Author Topic: Ice and fish report  (Read 3853 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Ice and fish report
« on: January 26, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »

The only area I checked was Blackhawk, there was a few places around the edges that were shaky, channels had 5-7” . Fishing was excellent in the morning for gills , wax worms seemed to do best with a green glow jig , the bite slowed down a bit in the afternoon I think mainly because the area was crowded, I hoped over to another channel and picked quite a few gills. I moved on around 3:30 and was headed to Long Island area but talked to a good friend and he said there was no place to park, he did show me some nice eyes he picked up in that area but left because he got crowded out, we fished the Blackhawk channel for eyes and panfish but left when the snowmobiles started using us as human pylons, inside of 10’ at full throttle is a little too close for comfort. The guy I fished with counted 95 cars just between Long Island and Blackhawk, he didn’t go into any of the nooks around the lake ..... off to Kiser tomorrow

jiggerking

• View Profile
Re: Ice and fish report
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:26:31 PM »

Thanks for the report.  I sold my place up at Indian after 15 years . Now, I need to drive 1hr 20 minutes and fight for a parking spot.  But I know it is worth it upon occasion.  Ill be there Mon and Tues, maybe tomorrow.  Do you know if anyone was at North Fork?

jiggerking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »

Sorry, reread and saw you were only in Blackhawk area.  Anyone fish and or know if ice is good around NF?

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »

The guy I fished with said there was 4-5” of ice, as you know though, we had quite a bit of runoff and with that being the river, ice conditions are ever changing in the current

jiggerking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »

Yep , got it thanks. 

g

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 09:18:20 PM »

Thanks wapak ice dawg. As always, an excellent and detailed report. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar