Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:59:55 PM

Author Topic: North Fork  (Read 10142 times)

quackpot

• View Profile
North Fork
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:19:43 PM »

I fished north fork with Grant (G) and Andy (Downthehole). We didn’t catch anything but marked some fish. I still had a blast being the taxi for them. The Wilcraft performed like charm, it sure beats walking.

linebacker43

• View Profile
Re: North Fork
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:38:23 PM »

Hey Quack, how thick was the ice for us guys that still have to walk and pull? Think of heading that way Thursday. Thanks!

Linebacker43

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:41:48 AM »

Sorry I won’t be there to give you a ride but I measured 6”. 4” of clear with 2” of white on top.

Saw guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 09:29:05 AM »

Was there late afternoon yesterday. Water was really stained. Changed water on the minnows, and couldn't see minnows in bucket. Otherwise, caught two keeper eyes, and lost one. When we got there, mostly clear ice with snow in spots. Some smaller puddles. Wind was blowing pretty hard. When we left, about an inch of water on the surface, and slushy.

linebacker43

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 03:35:52 PM »

Thank you guys for the updates, Im sure she'll be all locked back up come early Thursday morning. Should be a brisk one! lol Thanks again.

Linebacker43

g

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 03:59:04 PM »

Really enjoyed the taxi ride Bobby, thanks. Would have liked to stay until dark, but the taxi ride was a lot better than walking. Still had fun even though we didn't catch anything. Glad you got some eyes John, nice job.

jiggerking

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »

1/28/19 -  Scrapped up (2) eyes, yes water still surprisingly stained and it was a tough bite.  Went back this am 1/29 and limited after culling through the 15-16 inchers ended up keeping 6 between 17.5- 23.   Many times There was no hesitation when they hit the vexilar screen.  5.5 FOW, Tipped pimples and a few on tipped jigging raps.  Clarity seemed a bit better than yesterday, but I personally don't think it matters too much with the eyes, they were snapping this am.

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 08:25:34 PM »

Nice job jiggerking we were fishing close to that depth I was showing 5.4.

g

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 03:51:05 PM »

Great job jiggerking.

g

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 03:58:05 PM »

Great job jiggerking. Sounds like you had a good day and ended up with some quality fish. Excellent report stating lures, water depth, water clarity and time of day. Keep it up and good luck.

Hatch81

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 10:22:38 AM »

Just left northfork. Caught 2 keepers on pimples w minnows. A lot of guys leaving already. Only heard of two other fish caught out there. Talked to other guys who hadn’t marked a fish. Got the two in 5.5 ft of water.

Tommy86

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 12:21:47 PM »

I'm out there now and haven't  even marked a fish in over an hour.
Might head to kiser and try my luck there

g

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »

I was there last night Hatch and felt lucky to catch 1 short. Fished in 4 1'2 and 5 feet of water with a vibe. Didn't mark many fish and I talked to a guy that had been there all day and didn't get a bite but marked a lot of fish. Were you close to shanty town? I was fishing closer to shore between shanty town and the people up by the point out from the houses. Is usually a good spot but hasn't been either time I have been there this year.

byg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 07:00:31 PM »

Well, I made it up finally. Fish the very end of long island. Drilled a lot of holes and didn't mark anything. I don't know if this area isn't normally any good no one fishing around me.  5ft was deepest I could find. I moved closer to shore thinking I could score some bluegill, nada! I need to find 

byg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 07:03:49 PM »

Oh, I used a swedish pimple, countless jigs, minnows, waxies, spikes, jigging rap so I tried >:(
Pages: [1] 2

Pages: [1] 2
Print Print

Vexilar