Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Reports!

markplusone

• View Profile
Anyone have any new ice reports.  Ice should be good by my way of thinking but reality doesn't care what I think.  So, if anyone has been out, just post what ice conditions you found.  Thanks everyone.

Blackcat86

• View Profile
I've been out a few times in NW Ohio.  3 days ago the ice was 5" thick; most likely much more now.

The surface may get really sloppy with this warm and wet weather coming in, but the base ice will likely last until it gets cold again. 

Be safe.  Practice proven protocol while out on the ice.  Don't let your guard down.

I'm looking forward to some make-up fishing after the conditions over the last couple of seasons.   

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Been getting good reports around NE Ohio too.  I’m heading out to do a check now and some fishing.  I’ll post results. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

novICE

• View Profile
 I was on mosquito on Saturday Monday and Tuesday. The ice was a good 6 inches. Fished the buoy line.  6 walleye and a dozen crappie over 3 days. Had about 37 shanties on Saturday that I counted at that end. Drove around the lake when I left and saw people out all over different areas

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Nimmy has atleast a solid six inches. Havent measured it since Monday but had a good 4 then and last couple days definitely added ice. Fished today and it was thicker than yesterday. Strange part is there is atleast an Olympic size swimming pool of open water about 50 yards off c1 ramp.

markplusone

• View Profile
Im from sw ohio (springfield area) so I got out to C.J. Brown today just to check ice.  It has 6.5-8+" of good clear ice.  The lookout point was a bit sketchy as the lake level had gone down leaving some hollowed out ice.  The main boat launch area was great.  The marina had a good 8 with some buckles around so watch out.  Looks like that rain followed by some seriously cold weather did us a favor with a nice base of clear ice.  Time to get to it!

fishingful

• View Profile
South end of mosquito today. 7in by shore 8 to 10 in further out. Out of the state park.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i just fished a small lake in  n e  ohio  had 5     man the first time i get out and i got skunked, not even a nibble  lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Bummer!!!!!   I was on 6-7 at Portage Lakes.  Sorry Snowcone to hear the skunk.  You probably don’t want to hear my first drop down the hole was a 12” crappie.  And my last was a 19”+ bass.    :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahah   thats some bad hat harry     glad ya caught swell fish , my skunk will be over tomm buddy im headed out again .   but i cant decide where just yet  now that the temps are  not as brutal it should be more enjoyable...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Actually measured ice at Nimmy today and it was 8 inches clear and 3 of white.

fishingful

• View Profile
8 inches on Punderson didnt see many fish caught. I got bass and gills

gimme ice

• View Profile
NE Ohio metroparks pond. Solid 10" today.

gimme ice

• View Profile
If your still planning on hitting the ice today (or next week) bring your spikes! Slick as can be. Saw one guy go down hard.  ;)

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i went down the other day , had my cleat blow out on  r  foot and pow    but  had 8 inch of ice 

Vexilar