Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bucket list

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
So I was sitting here after a long day of work just staring out my window watching the snow begin to fall. My mind began to drift away, I started dreaming of a landscape , covered in snow and lakes all frozen over with solid clear ice. I'm right where I want to be. Share with us your dream trip.  If  you could go anywhere this ice season where would it be, lake Erie, Minnesota,  Canada.  Share your thoughts and let's go there together. Positive thoughts equal Positive results.  Soon we will be drilling some holes.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Not sure why but would like to fish the Great Slave Lake in Northwest Territories. Closer to home wouldn't mind going to Green Bay and fishing Lake Michigan. Even closer to home think it is called Shadow or Silver Lake in NY or try some of the lake in Pa which are closer than that state up north.

g

• View Profile
Cascade Lake, Idaho to chase 2 to 3 lb. perch is my top choice. Saginaw Bay and Green Bay would be nice too. Hopefully Erie will freeze and be a great substitute. I'll settle for Indian and Buckeye. Still hoping for a long ice season.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
are we kiddin ?  lol    i would head to hawai and sit on the beach with my  fishing pole stuck in the sand.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Ok someone take away snowcone;s Ice Card for even joking like that. ;D ;D

Dave_E

• View Profile
I'm not as experienced as a lot of guys here and I only ice fish a handful of times per season, but I'd love to spend 2 weeks in a high end fish house waaaaay up north camping on the ice.

Equipped with all the tackle I could ever want to try,  just trying everything out.
Learning every bait, rod, reel, line, technique, augers, electronics, etc...

Never watching the clock, just focused on fishing for 2 straight weeks.

No internet, no tv. 
Nothing "important" on my mind.

Some classic rock playing low in the background.  Maybe old Chicago with that sweet horn section or some Doobie Brothers when Tommy Johnston was their lead singer.

Smoking fat cigars and sipping on some Tennesee peach whiskey with iced tea.

1 phone call to the wife before bed so she knows my big a$$ hasn't had a heart attack, and so I can share my adventure with her and tell her how lucky and happy I am.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sorry evinrude   lol   must have had a brain fart.....man davee has a plan.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Heck yes, im in!! Keep the dream trips rolling in!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar