Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2020 Temps for Indian Lake Area

ice hole 2

• View Profile
The temp forecast for the next 3 weeks at Russell's Point Indian Lake has not changed since last week. Avg High - 36.0 deg. Avg Low - 23.4 deg. BUT the forecast for the period Jan 11 - Jan 26 2021 -16 days - predicts Avg High - 28.6 deg. Avg Low - 12.9 deg.  During this period, only 2 daytime temps are predicted to be just above freezing.   MAYBE!!  Encouraging, but let's wait and see!
My best friends are ice holes.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I hope it freezes I've never had a chance to fish it but would love to give it a shot
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I’ve been seeing that as well.   It’s looking promising for after the new year that we will be on some ice!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
we average getting on  the ice around here about 11th of jan,  and i admit i have braved early ice with only 2 inchs,  tip toed out with a butt pucker of 10,  but i dont try it anymore,  just dont like getting wet    hahahah   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same here Rik.   I used to make it my goal to be the first person to drill a hole in NE Ohio.  I’m not in that much of a hurry anymore.  Most of my good big fish spots need a little longer to freeze and the danger isn’t worth a 4” bluegill, the loss of my gear, or even worse. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Just checking the forecast for the Indian Lake Area. Starting 14 Jan. - 5 Feb 2021 ( 23 days ) the Avg. High =31 .5 deg. and the Avg. Low = 15.7 deg. THUMBS UP !!!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
The temp. forecast for the next 4 weeks have changed for the worse at Indian Lake ! The avg. temp now predicted from Dec. 27 - Jan. 23  is 31.1 deg. up from 27.9 deg. with no good cold night temps. until Jan. 11. Avg. lows from Jan.11 - Jan. 21 = 17.8 deg. :-[ :-[ :-[

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
What's the chance Indian will be fishable by the upcoming weekend of the 1st? 

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

ice hole 2

• View Profile
The latest for Indian Lake Area - Not promising thru Jan. 14th .
But Jan. 15 - Jan. 24 ( 10 days ) Avg. High - 29.9 deg.  Avg. Low - 18,0 deg.  Just have to keep waiting. :) :)

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Recent forecast for Indian - Jan. 12 - Jan. 24 ( 13 days  )  Avg.High - 30.5 deg.  Avg. Low - 19.1 deg.
Could have something good by the end of this stretch !  :) :)

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Indian Lake Area - In addition to the above, the average temp. forecast  from Jan. 10 - March 13 ,2021 is BELOW FREEZING !!   Hope this prediction holds up. :) :)

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Update on temps. at Indian Lake - Jan. 17 - Feb. 11 ( 26 days ) Avg. High - 29.7 deg.  Avg. Low - 15.1 deg.
Pack up your gear ! Safe ice is not far away ! See you on the hard water ! ;D ;D

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Man I hope so, I've never had an opportunity to fish here and I hope this is the year!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Update on temps for Indian Lake - Forecast has been constant.
Jan. 17 - Jan. 26 (10 days )  Avg. High - 29.5 deg.  Avg. Low - 16.1 deg.
Looks good about Jan. 26 for safe ice with temps. following not too bad either. Good to watch the effects of the splitting of the polar vortex also.   PATIENCE GUYS !!

Vexilar