Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimi

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
I went out just to get out of the house yesterday and went to nimi to see if anything was happening and noticed that the water level was down about 4 or 5 feet. I talked to the lady at the gas station and she said that they were dredging along the cove across the street.  Never seen the lake down like that before.  Anybody know what's going on there?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I believe they are working on the dam. There is a post somewhere on the site, maybe under the Nimisila board.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, I contacted DNR, and they are doing repairs.   It’s not going to drop anymore, but they expect it not to fill back up until spring at the soonest. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i can remember when they were lowering the water  and  the water was runnin down the hole like a toilet flush   hahahahh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Checked Nimmy Thursday 1/21.  The winds really tore up the thin ice. Now there's alot more open water. Hoping these next few days will be good for ice formation & we'll be drilling soon.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Spur of the moment decided to join a few others to
 Ice fish Nimmy Sunday Jan 1/24. Ice in Pine Tree Bay was 3.5" 5-7ft max. Caught 23 fisf including 1 Grass Pickeral, 2 Crappie & 3 Perch. Kept 6. Others in the group landed a few toad Gills/Redears, nice Perch & Crappie. Dustin stayed for the late afternoon bite & iced a couple nice Bass.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man thats nice ya lucky dog   lol    i just got my drill runnin so im ready   i think? 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Way to go John!   I’m heading out there now.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar