Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What to do ?

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Problem ! The conditions look good for safe ice in the next few weeks. I would really enjoy being on the hard water past Feb. 6 th.  But, our 56 th wedding anniversary is that date. Fishing is not her thing. What  should I do to insure a 57 th anniversary ? Help !!
My best friends are ice holes.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
probably put the fishing off till later........ :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

toadfish

• View Profile
Take her out to dinner and buy jewelry.  Make sure the jewelry can be made into lures just in case things don't work out!  Congrats on your 56 years.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
First off, Congrats!  That’s a major accomplishment!   Take it from someone who was “working” on the ice when I got the call it was time to go to the hospital for the birth of our son, there will still be ice the next day.   I kept that quiet for 3 years, but she still wasn’t amused.   Rolled her eyes and shook her head.    ;D
But all kidding aside, enjoy the special day, then be on the ice half hour before sunrise the next morning. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ice hole 2

• View Profile
That's what I enjoy about this site. All useful information. Thanks, toadfish - your suggestion made me smile!  Fishing is not her thing and jewelry isn't either.
So, I've decided with a good ice report about Jan. 28, I'll fish until Feb. 5 , return home to spend the day with my wife then return to Indian the next day. It's only a 2 hour trip from Cincinnati anyway ! A win - win situation.  ;D ;D ;D
My best friends are ice holes.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You're screwed. Forget the ice fishing. Wife comes first. Fishing is second.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar