Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Conditions

fishingful

• View Profile
I was at mogadore today. New ramp had 4 to 4.5 inches was not the greatest ice but was not bad either. Probably  caught  400 fish with 28 keepers. Constant pick but not large.

columbusfire

• View Profile
I have 4 inches on my pond. Caught 1 dink perch then................a 13 incher!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nice Toad
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

columbusfire

• View Profile
Can anyone tell me what this is that my perch regurgitated after I caught her? I thought plastic worm, but it was hollow. About 4-5 inches long, soft, kinda rubbery. The fish was full of eggs, if that means anything. Thanks

columbusfire

• View Profile
I will try again with the picture. Not sure why it didn't post.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
On 4” at Nimi.   Nothing huge.   But 6-8” gills, a few 6-8” perch, many dinks, a couple 9” crappie and I lost an 18” or so whiskered walleye at the hole!   ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Tuesday morning 1/26. Mogadore - Ticknor Bay.
2 guys out from the boat ramp. Ice looks scary. Wet spots, gray areas & shoreline weakening.
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah, I’m waiting to try again till Thursday.   All day Wednesday is supposed to be below freezing.    Hopefully edges and any water on top will freeze up nicely. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can't pass up a decent day of ice due to the crazy ice season.  Gonna play hooky from work on Friday & drill some holes.

Dave_E

• View Profile
I'm going to try Saturday John.  I'll let you know for certain if you want to join.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Don't think I'll be on the ice this Saturday.  Our 2 grandkids are spending the weekend with us.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ladue: Thursday Jan 27, 2021: 8:30am

Nobody on the ice

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Had a good 3 inches today at Nimi. I was the only guy for a while, and then around lunchtime there were about four or five others that showed up. Walked on at the south main boat ramp. Got a lot of bluegill, perch, and Crappie.  Many small, but a lot of nice ones too.  Got a fish Ohio Gill and crappie! 

Team Wilcraft!

Dave_E

• View Profile
Thanks Slabslayer.

My favorite place on Nimi to get on ice is C1, but S. Main is my #2.

How deep were they hitting?  Flats or close to "structure"?   ;)

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Both actually. Big gills were back in the bay by the pine trees, and I was getting the big Crappies in the main lake channel. They were just swimming through and would take it.   Only a foot off the bottom in 21 feet.   Plunge a spoon into the mud bring it up a foot, when a school would swim through and bam, a nice crappie!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar