Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Funny but too true

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
You ever get out on the ice before sunrise,  set up, turn on the Vex, and boom, you drilled on the mother lode of fish, and no one is anywhere to be found or so you thought, in the distance, you can hear the truck doors slam, shanties starting to be pulled your way and then you see them, you try to be discreet and hide your fish but the sound of a fish popping out of the hole is a very distinct noise and is like setting off a siren, "fish, he's on fish" and it starts.... mind you, I'm sittin in 4 FOW and the noise level was zero, until now, " Hey, ya doing any good? "  Nah, not really, small dinks as you look out your porthole" they start drilling within 10' of you, dropping the spud bar( if they use one) tossing the auger blade cover on the ice, drill 5-10 holes all around you, toss the auger on the ice, bang the shanty around, finally set up on a hole and they ask, " Hey you still markin them," Nah... not anymore! ( the sound of a car crash is quieter) Then it happens, they catch a fish, turn the phone to auto-dial and all you hear is, " man I'm on em, Nah, no one is hear but 1 other guy, hurry up, I'll drill you a few holes, yea, tell Jim, I'll call Tom, Dick, and Harry... 30 minutes later you don't need to jig your rod anymore, the ice is bouncing up and down with everyone clanging around ya feel like you're in a boat... fish have left and so has your stellar day.... sound familiar....lol

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep!!!   Had those days on Nimi at the campground bay in years past.   I’d have it to myself from 5-7:30 or so, killing it on bull pannies, then the armada would come and all my panfish would go!   I wasn’t far behind.   I’d leave for a couple secret spots close by on other lakes and keep drilling the fish. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man you hit that right ,  i have seen that happen alot...lol      ya just made my mornin 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar