Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Pond fishing 1/30/21

columbusfire

• View Profile
Slow day on my 1 acre pond Saturday with snow front coming and East wind. I did catch my best perch ever at 13 1/2 inches.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice perch   those are what we love    lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Very nice!!   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

columbusfire

• View Profile
Ice is 7 inches on my pond now! Been fishing a lot, but very slow. Missed some hits, probably dinks. I will keep at it. With the snow covering the pond and more snow coming tonight, I turned on my aerator to add oxygen. Just have to stay away from the open water!

columbusfire

• View Profile
Looks like 1 more day to fish this year. I still have 6-7 inches under the snow. I caught my best bass and perch this year and fished more hours than ever. 13 1/2 inch perch and yesterday I caught a 14 1/2 inch largemouth! Been a good year for sure.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s great!   Hopefully next winter will yield even more time and bigger fish!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

columbusfire

• View Profile
I have been adding PVC brush/ structures to the pond this year. I put in 14 porcupine structures when it was built in 2015. Am adding 14 more underwater ''trees'' and smaller bushes..

Vexilar