Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:59:10 AM

Author Topic: Ice conditions?  (Read 3241 times)

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Ice conditions?
« on: February 01, 2021, 05:29:04 PM »

Has anyone checked conditions at Indian since the storm?  I fished Saturday for the first time on ice in Ohio in 2 years. Hope to get back out this week if the ice is holding up. Any current info would be appreciated. Thanks

Tanker593

• View Profile
Re: Ice conditions?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 08:29:37 AM »

Hoping the rain/frozen mix/snow that is supposed to come in Thursday/Friday doesn't do too much damage to the ice. I'll be up there first thing Saturday morning. 

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 09:14:49 AM »

I actually went up and checked it out yesterday afternoon. Didn't look great. There were a few guys out at blackhawk and taco Bell but looks like most were staying home. there was a ton of slush and water on top of the ice and I didn't feel comfortable going out alone. Guess someone went thru at first pull off on LI on Monday. Should harden back up the next few days

ice hole 2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »

Fished Long Island - 1 st pull off Sat. 30 Jan. Caught 20 dink gills thru 4" ice Several people fishing here . Had a hard time finding a parking place.
Fished Blackhawk  3 Feb.  7" hard ice no slush.Fished 2 1/2 hours without nibble! Drilled many holes with different depths with no luck.Ice thickness should not be a problem where ever you go in the near future.
The wind is brutal!!!!Wind chills this week will below 0 !!Where ever you go, dress very warmly and take handwarmers, shelter and a good heater.
My best friends are ice holes.

jiggerking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 07:45:38 PM »

Certainly was cold this afternoon with wind. Good news was that I found some nice crappie after only hole #5. I was able to put the lid down and heater on. Was toasty. Different story when you have to hunt them down.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 07:57:18 PM »

Glad you found some good crappies. Hard work usually pays off. Congrats!!
My best friends are ice holes.

Tanker593

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »

We fish the first pull off of LI.  Start just before sun up until early afternoon.  Caught white bass, perch and blue gill in 6ft of water.  Only got a couple of keeper of blue gill. still on the hunt for those crappie.Ice was 6+ inches.  We should be good for a while now.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar