Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:00:21 PM

Author Topic: Indian this weekend  (Read 2793 times)

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Indian this weekend
« on: February 09, 2021, 06:01:57 AM »

Took off work early on Fri and headed to the lake. Fri night got 2 keeper saugeye and prob a dozen shorts. Sat 3 keepers and a dozen shorts. Fished somewhere else Sunday. Monday finally got into em. Had 3 keeper saugeye and a 14 inch crappie when the bite shut down, so I went hunting for panfish. Drilled a ton of holes. Picked at em all afternoon until about 330 when I finally found a group of nice gills and crappie. Also managed to pull my last 3 eyes.  Ended up with  6 eyes, 12 crappie, and 19 gills.  Felt great to be out running around on the ice for a few days. Been awhile. Back to work today but hopefully I'll get an evening or 2 in this week...
Ice was 6 or 7 inches most places I fished. Still some slushy crap on top that I think is impeding ice from building as fast as it should be. Be safe out there.

jiggerking

• View Profile
Re: Indian this weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 07:12:31 PM »

I knew Monday would be the day!  I scrapped up three eyes Sat and 2 whopper crappies in about 3 minutes, then zero. I had a great crappie day earlier in the week. With these weather patterns I think there will be days of hit or miss. History has shown that if we have ice the last two weeks of Feb, the crappie will be hungry. I think we may get lucky.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 08:05:24 AM »

Nice job boys, keep getting them keepers!!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 06:52:46 AM »

Here ya go Nate!  Hope you  boys get on em today.  I may see you out there.

magner34

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »

I was out on Wednesday morning and did not have much luck. Hit up several spots with only catching 3 fish total. Switched up bait numerous times. I could mark them on the flasher but it was difficult for them to take it. I heard this same response from several others out that day. Did not see a whole lot of fish being caught. Last Saturday was a much better day for me. Won't be able to go this weekend at all...I'll have to wait until Monday, depending on the weather coming up. 

Good luck!
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar