Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Looking for walleyes

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Fished the graveyard last several weekends looking for walleye but haven't had any luck, or heard of anyone catching any. Without giving up your secret spots can anybody share some ideas of where they might be hiding. I was thinking winter patterns and deeper water but I'm struggling 😪  thanks!!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
was up there last week , headed out to  20 ft and managed pencil perch,  i have fished that lake for lots of years and have landed plenty of eyes,  but  the last few years have been a bust,  vibes are good,  minnows on jigs,  deep water ?  drop offs, rocks ect...if ya find them fish on
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Been to Skeeter 2x sofar this ice season
 Went out from the Bouy Line & the Campground Boat Launch. Both Busts. Gonna give it another try Weds 2/10/2021. Maybe this time I'll finally get that 1st elusive Walleye. Hope to post pics.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Definitely keep me posted, heading there Friday.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Weds. 2/10/21 Started at the Dog Park catching only dink Perch. Drove over to the Cemetary fishing till 6pm. Dink Perch & 1keeper Crappie. NO WALLEYE. Another busted trip. I'm thinking of giving up on Skeeter. 4 seasons & not 1 Walleye. I'm disappointed & disheartened. Think my luck & skill level doesn't match up at Mosquito.  It's time to try other walleye lakes in the area.
Talking with other ice fisherman, not hearing  much Walleye action this season. Everynody is catching dink Perch. The fishery at Mosquito has definitely changed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:41:45 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
jon i feel  ur frustration ,  kinda the way i feel .   skeeter used to be a great fishery , but  if the eye population is down explains all the tiny perch maybe?   i wish i wasnt an old fart  i would head to erie and walk out there for some eyes and perch.   but  2 hours away and a walk out and 2 hrs back makes for a  looong day
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Same here Snowcone. Just born too late.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I heard that the walleye bite is slow right now because they are stuffing their bellies with shad. Once the shad die off the bite should turn back on. Patience  my friends!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes.   Agreed.   Everything is slow right now it seems.   I’ve not marked a lot of fish in my normal areas, but went searching today and saw tons of fish.   I put my camera down and there were tons of shad everywhere.   It’s still kind of early ice even though it’s mid February.   It will come around.   We’ve got an awesome base now and will be fishing at least into early March with the coming forecast.   Big ones will come! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar