Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New to the area

ChicagoFisherMan

• View Profile
Hello Ice Fish Ohio!

I am absolutely excited to find this site. I have been ice fishing for about 6-7 years, but am new to this area since work has moved me to central Ohio. This winter holiday season I finally brought my ice gear back from Chicago where it was hibernating in my parents basement. I am thinking of heading to Buckeye Lake this Saturday. I have never been to this lake before. Any pointer would be greatly appreciated. Last Saturday I went to a few ponds in Galloway and I got the boot from the Metro Parks Ranger. He was super friendly and had a good laugh when I should him my photo of the Largemouth I fought for about 10 minute on a pink tear drop and 2 lb test.

Anyways, being from the Windy City I could talk for a hour.
Just happy to find fellow Ice Hunters!

Cheers,
DP

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
welcome  chicago,   your just in time with the ice that we finally got to drill some holes.   hope ya get into some good fish.  try erie  if ya  check it out.....there will be a wally run in the spring also , and the trout ..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome!!!   Wish I could help, I’m from the NE and am not familiar with the area you’re in.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar