Ice Fish Ohio Forum

weather change

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
 ::)   well folks looks like this warm weather will hurt the ice ,  as fast as i watched my yard melt down today  its a gusher lol...i know this kind of melt down its evaporating , and it has a wind booster  lol   what a year   ...  ice rescues out of edgewater???  nobody does that..   people gettin run over ice fishin in the shantys   wow....   just looked out the yard is under water   aaahhhhhh  butt   spring is close.   after the rivers blow out here come steelies.....so throw in some thoughts and keep a close eye on the ice.....it can go fast     
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It w as going yesterday.  My auger melted right in to the shaft in about an hour.   We have a few more days, but not much.  :'(
At least we got some time on some good ice this year, and hopefully next season will be even longer!   Stuck working today, but will be out tomorrow and Friday somewhere to probably wrap up my season. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
glad you could get out again joel,  i hit up all my old haunts  but the fish are in dink mode or sominthing.   so today i may wrap up my gear for the season,  tried real hard  this year,   but with my yard lookin like a pond  its time i called it....again fellow icers  that ice will go fast  so be cautious...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
its a wrap for me too,i will not be walking the plank this year................................ :(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I wrapped up my season Monday, wading in 4" of water and  sitting in 6" just ain't on my bucket list, I've seen the under side of the ice and it's kinda eerie under there, but I know some will still wander out on the ice and then wonder wtf was I thinking.. I did start me a little cash stash Monday for a new toy for next season, I will be toting the Garmin Livescope  next year and give it a whirl, anyone interested in helping out the cause,  send me a PM and I'll gladly except cash ... lol

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Wapak - Just googled  Garmin Livescope. I now understand starting the cash stash early! Wow! For the price,it should also bait,set the hook and land fish for you !LOL  :) :)

My best friends are ice holes.

King-fish

• View Profile
Went out yesterday for few hours until dark and did very well. Fish biting all day. Hoping to fish the east harbor tournament on Sunday if the ice holds up but with warm weather Friday and Saturday and mid 50s Sunday it doesn’t look good. If I can’t get out again I still had a great ice season got out many times and caught many fish. As it’s my first time ice fishing this year I’m very happy with the season. I’m hooked and looking forward to years to come! Thanks to everyone running this site as another out for info and adventures!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You’re very welcome King! 
I struggled as well this year to find size.   Never got skunked, but way more Smalls than normal.  Got some 9-10” gills, but never got the fish Ohio crappies this year on ice.  Disappointing.   Was a weird year, but got in a lot of trips, caught a lot of fish, and had a lot of fun!!   My season is probably over as well.   Yesterday was it for me I think.   All tied up this weekend and don’t think it’ll be safe by Monday morning. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Yeah I'm done also.  I met and fished with a couple of members ( Dave_E and Joel ) had fun fishing with you guys and some of your family members.  Although the time at the dam at Nimi almost killed me,  it was enjoyable.  Caught a few that I was happy with and should have brought the tourney sheet with me but happy with the season.  Should be some decent fish at a couple of places in a few years from what was caught and the numbers.  Have a great spring and summer and be safe.

fishingful

• View Profile
Turned on the pond aerators today. Packing gear up tonight. Better than no season.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jim, it was a blast!!! Can’t wait to do it again next year!!   (Except that drag up and down Nimi dam!  What the heck were we thinking?!?!)  ;D
I’m so glad we got a season!  Not as long as I’d have liked, and didn’t get to fish with everyone I’d have liked to have, but felt good to be on ice again!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar