Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice season 21/22

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Now that I am back to being able to fish reasonably well I am looking towards the coming ice season. Where is everyone olooking to  head this season? Am hoping to hit another different lake up North, maybe St Helens. Am also hoping to do the ice tourneys in NW PA if I can find a committed partner. Of course Erie if possible.

Justanothericehole

• View Profile
Hey Evinrude58 glad to hear your doing well!
I usually stay local moggy , the wing  etc but im looking at going to Mich and hitting some lakes depending on when we get ice. got a new insulated Fortress hub shanty im ready to go!

Evinrude58

• View Profile
You know I will be on Moggy so see you there. Bought the insulated Eskimo hub two years back and replaced my flip mid season for an insulated Eskimo Wide One so fishing in style now.

kortis04

• View Profile
Pymatuning and chautauqua most of the year.  Cant wait

toadfish

• View Profile
Glad to hear you can get back out Evinrude.  I plan on vetting out on GLSM, Indian, Loramie, Lima reservoirs.  If things get cold, a few trips to Erie would be nice.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Glad to see a little activity on the site. I plan to hit Indian as much as possible with a few Alum Creek trips thrown in. Of course if we get good ice plan on hitting Erie again. I'm from St. Marys but never really ice fished it that much. Heres to a long ice season. (Right after deer season)

fishingful

• View Profile
Looking at Simcoe and maybe Lake of the Woods. Not sure. Would like to get up someplace in late Jan early Feb.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I’ll be (hopefully) all over around here!  Not sure if I can make a long trip.  It’s been a tough year.   I still have all my gear out from last year.  It never got put away.   Yeah, it’s been like that………
I still need to send out the rods too.   Later I will post the reason why everything is behind.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

eyeshunter

• View Profile
Hopefully, get to hit Michigan lakes this season.  Entered in two tournaments last season, both were canceled.  Possibly, make a run to Minnesota, but that will be a long shot.  And definitely would like to get on Lake Erie at least once this season.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
There is a Walleye/Perch tournament at Hubbard Lake that is big. Can do it on foot but an atv would be much better,

columbusfire

• View Profile
I will fish my pond primarily, but I'm also going to try a private lake near me in West Mansfield that I am a member of. Lets hope for good ice this year similar to last year!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Anybody have an idea of what the local water temps are?  And shoulder surgeries aren't bad, it's the 4 months of therapy that bites.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Haha!!  I hear your there!  The therapy is the worst!  Been there twice.  Once on each side.   ::)
As far as water temps, I haven’t been out since the end of November.  But looking at the upcoming temps, if they’re close to accurate, we should be walking on water in a couple weeks! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Justanothericehole

• View Profile
Man i hope so, my stuff is ready to go.

Been watching the ice build in MN & MI

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ditto!!   I’m beyond ready!  Been a rough year, and the last 2 weeks I’m finally feeling a little better and ready to drill some holes!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar