Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 04:43:16 PM

Author Topic: Indian lake ice conditions 2022  (Read 3330 times)

fshman_165

• View Profile
Indian lake ice conditions 2022
« on: January 06, 2022, 10:26:55 AM »

Just wanted to post ice conditions as of this morning. 90% of the lake is locked up as of this morning. Most of your access areas are covered and the ice is thin but building. Most ice is just shy of an inch but some areas are skim. We have a few forecast days coming up where the temp goes up to high 30s but it will drop down and keep building. Let’s keep our fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:56:03 AM by fshman_165 »

Tanker593

• View Profile
Re: Indian lake ice conditions 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 07:50:09 AM »

Thanks for the update.  I haven't been up there since Christmas and surprised it's locked up that quickly.

fshman_165

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 10:32:52 AM »

Yea, I was shocked that it locked up with all that wind. My channel has frozen overnight on and off since 3rd week of November. It’s usually locked a lot earlier than the rest of the lake. When I got up and looked out of my Florida room it was just skimmed, due to the wind. I went out and took one of the vehicles over to put Tires on and saw the main lake was locked. I was really surprised. Ice fishing is my favorite type of fishing, even though the bite from my dock and my boat are pretty good 😊

fshman_165

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 12:55:47 PM »

Please read this update carefully: ice is anywhere from .5 to 2.5. It is not consistent. Some people have ventured out at Long Island and this morning someone went through. Please wait for the ice to thicken more before you venture out. The person who went through spudded out and still took a bath.
The ice will get thick enough looking at the forecast, there is no need to get
Yourself in trouble. We will get on the ice this year. Please have all safety equipment regardless of how thick the ice is.

ICE COLD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 08:42:24 PM »

I went by Indian on Saturday and people were fishing everywhere I went. I didn’t fish i was just driving by.  Surprised there’s no fishing reports.  About 60 fishermen at Long Island.

Tanker593

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 08:38:57 AM »

I fished Indian Lake on both Saturday and Sunday.  The ice grew to about 5 inches of clear ice on Sunday in the Long Island area.  I drove around the lake and there was a lot of open water that appeared to go south from the campground to SR 366 across the main lake. There was about 10 guys fishing at Paradise Island.  I saw a lot of open water between McDonalds and the dam.  Also, Moundwood had a lot of open water. I didn't see or hear anything going on at Blackhawk. Hopefully the temps this next week will allow the ice to build.  Saturday was a slow bite but ended up in the same area on Sunday and caught about 20 fish.  All were small.  Mostly bluegill but I did get an 8 inch bass and a couple shiners.  Still looking for the elusive crappie everyone are catching.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 02:15:55 AM »

Anyone know how much snow we had at Indian Lake from the last storm? I searched AccWeather's past reports for snowfall but can't find anything !
My best friends are ice holes.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 04:58:13 AM »

Fished long island Sunday. Caught probably 60 gills. Kept a dozen nice ones and one crappie. Prob 5 inches but there are definitely spots with less.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar