Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NE Ohio

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Cool!   Glad you guys are getting out!   I’m taking the weekend off after 4 straight trips I’m out of gas.  I’ll be back at it next week though!   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Went to Nimi today for about 4 hours and didn't do too bad. Caught 4 keeper perch, biggest was 10 inches and the other 3 were between 8 and 9. They have some big shad in Nimi, watched a school go by that must of had 30 fish in it. Those things are probably 15 inches long, the perch move aside when they came through. Took a video from the U C. About 6 inches of ice. Still a ton of dinks there. Good luck this weekend.

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Did Nimi again last week, went to the same spot and caught around 28 perch. Only took 8 home. Going to try for crappie or bass next time out, even though they are considered keepers, still a pain to fillet and don't get much. And why were they still alive after being on the ice for 3 hours and I left them in the  bucket for a couple more when I got home, all were alive and trying to stab me.

Fitzman

• View Profile
Did enough ice survive that we might get out on Sunday after a couple of cold days?  Thinking maybe Mogadore or Nimisila?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes.  A friend of mine is on Nimi now.   He said 8” in some places.   But some areas are soft and you’ll need to spud everywhere.   Edges are kinda soft.   But he didn’t need a plank.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Justanothericehole

• View Profile
3 shanties on Mogadore CLR yesterday as i went by. With the cold today prob got better around the edges.

We're not done yet ..lol

Vexilar