Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NE Ohio

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Was plowing all day.   Curious if anyone checked the ice.   14” of snow probably ruined the god 4” we had.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey joel  i dont think ya could get out there without snow shoes   hahahhaahha
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Justanothericehole

• View Profile
I stopped by the main park at wingfoot and theres still open water there :(

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks guys!   At this point open water is better than 3” of ice under a foot of snow.   With the temps the next 5 days we’ll be good to go soon I think!   Thanks guys!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Justanothericehole

• View Profile
Where are you guys heading this weekend?? Moggy maybe OSP here??

Besquick

• View Profile
Also, is anyone scouting today? I'm curious as to if the snow screwed us or not!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I didn’t make it out yesterday, still plowing, but had reliable reports of multiple guys on Nimi at all ramps.   But check your own ice after the storm. 

Team Wilcraft!

Justanothericehole

• View Profile
Thanks Slab! Might check that one out also!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
I took a ride and seen people at just about every parking lot  at Nimi. As always, use your spud and good luck.

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hopefully so, if not I’ll give one tomorrow.   Going to head up that way sometime myself.   Have to plow again, but even if I don’t fish much, I’ll at least check ice conditions and thicknesses. 

Team Wilcraft!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Was going to put my sled up for sale but now I'm thinking I'd rather die pulling my sled than shoveling snow or doing something else I really don't care about. So hopefully there are paths to follow. Anyone have a report for Nimi or berlin or Milton? I'm fairly new to Ohio and I know that there's a few lakes that are electric only (for boats) besides Mogador, are they worth the trip?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Berlin is tricky.  Long time to get safe ice.  Nimi is great!   Talked to a guy today who’s dad got a 15” crappie last night.  Should be plenty of paths on Nimi.  Lots of guys out there last couple days. 

Team Wilcraft!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Yeah going to head out to Nimi Friday, wife needs the truck tomorrow. Probably go out of the big parking lot opposite c5. Hopefully the perch that were close last year grew some over the summer.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i hope the perch grow a little bigger in nimi  sure a lot of pencil perch,   at least the  wind isnt howling too the point that its blowing my pop up , sled and me accross the lake again..lol   im headed out this week end, not sure where yet , but will post   when i do...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar