Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Besquick

• View Profile
You guys think/know if there's going to be any good ice this weekend? Or is the season already over? :(

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
its not goin  just yet    the temps at night are holding       besides i want to get out sat    hahahaha      well see what happens with the rain
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
There was over 11” on Portage and Walborn this week.   And 10” yesterday on Nesmith.   Only got one bass yesterday and that was it.  But we’ve got another week or 2. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Dave_E

• View Profile
I'm going Monday. 
Hoping the cold temps Saturday night and all day Sunday will refreeze the melted stuff.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ditto!   I’ll be out Monday as well.  Hoping it’s not a sloggy drag.   Not getting the Wilcraft back till Tuesday.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
better wear cleats   was out today and the surface is a sheet of ice
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Figured that might happen.  And it’s only going to get slicker as we drop to 10 tonight.  The water will freeze.  But at least we don’t have 12” of snow to deal with! 
I’ll be out Monday and Tuesday for sure!  Can’t tomorrow.  Super Bowl.  😁

Team Wilcraft!

Besquick

• View Profile
Anyone get any reports of people crazy enough to test the ice out after that rain? I'm hoping maybe there still is some??

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes.  A friend of mine is on Nimi now.   He said 8” in some places.   But some areas are soft and you’ll need to spud everywhere.   Edges are kinda soft.   But he didn’t need a plank.   

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar