Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Alum Creek Kids Day and Tournament Sat. Feb. 26th

eyeshunter

• View Profile
Facebook post by Ryan Kerns:

Kids Day 2022 and this weekend's IFO Tournament Series Stop #5 will be held at Alum Creek Marina on February 26th.

The events will begin with Kids Day at 10am. We'll have meet and greet and allow everyone time to arrive. Bill Baum and I will present Ice Safety at 10:30, then Nathan Boldman and Dennis Jones will talk with the kids on crappie tactics at 11:00. While Nate and Dennis are talking with the kids, I'll get the grill going so the kids can have some lunch before they fish. We'll hold a derby for them from 12:00 to 2:00, and then weigh them in.

A lot of guys like the evening tournament format, so we can make this a late one. The dock tournament for all of us will begin at 3pm, and we'll go until 9pm. Hopefully we can all hit a good night bite, and weigh some nice stringers! As usual, we'd ask that you observe the no lines, or electronics in the water rule during that hour between the kids derby and the start of our tournament.

If any of you would like to help out, please let me know. It's always great to have some extra hands on Kids Day.

We'll get back into regular dock tournaments following this one. The edges are deteriorating to the point that with a few more days like those in the forecast for this week, we probably need to start switching gears.

Vexilar