Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bobby Green update

g · 11 · 3861

g

• View Profile
Bobby was moved from Marysville hospital to a facility in Columbus 2 weeks ago. He has been getting better daily. He had a trachiotomy  while in Marysville. Today he was able to breath for 4 hours with an oxygen mask on but is still on the ventilator. He was breathing 94%.  They capped off his trac  and he spoke his first words today. It's the first he has spoken since his ordeal started.   They will increase his breathing time to 6 hours with the oxygen mask. They will keep increasing the time until they can remove the ventilator. The next step after that will be getting rid of the trac. He is off the critical care list so things are definitely looking up. It will take time but he is getting better.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow!!  That’s so awesome!   Good news!!!  Thanks for keeping us northerners in the loop Grant!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
That is good to hear. Respiratory therapy and maybe on the ice next season. Might be pushing it, but you have to have a goal.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I sure hope so!  We still haven't gotten to get our Wilcraft together yet on the ice.   Gotta happen next season!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Bobby doing good. He is working on 48 hours off the ventilator. He has done 38 hours so far. If he does the 48, they will keep going. Next step will be getting rid of the trac. Not sure what is required to do that but should find out soon. He can lift his left hand to his mouth and they started letting him drink water Thurs. That was the first water he drank in at least 6 weeks. When they cap his trac, he can be understood talking. Most times he is coherent but says off the wall things sometimes. They call it covid  fog. Hopefully that will pass. He told Cathy Thurs. 5 people pulled him out when he fell through the ice. I told her to tell him to just stay in the wilcraft. Lol. Thurs. and Fri. he sat up on the side of the bed for 30 minutes. Friday they had him standing for 30 seconds or so. First time getting him on his feet. Yesterday his stomach was bloated with air. A kidney speSorry suckert is going to check him out Mon. They gave him gas medicine and the bloating was down today. The lower lobe of his left lung is still white and scared. Overall he is doing better ,just has a few hiccups too. They found he is diabetic and has high blood pressure. Fri. afternoon when he was asleep, his heart rate jumped to 155, he thrashed his head side to side and his legs shook pretty bad for maybe 15 minutes. Hopefully they can figure out the cause but his heart rate has been staying stable and his blood oxygen level is good.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you for the good news.   Overall sounds mostly positive!   He’s sure had to overcome a lot!  Some of the little weird happenings may never be figured out.   I still have some fog, shortness of breath, and an accelerated heart once in a while and I had Covid in late 2020 and was no where as sick as Bobby was.  But docs say I’m “fine” and not to be concerned.   Bobby is a fighter, he may not get back to 100% of where he was pre Covid, but he’s on the proper side of the dirt!  And he doesn’t have to worry about dragging a shanty around in the ice!!   ;D   Can’t wait till he gets to come home and continue his recovery process, even though I know it’ll be a little while.   

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
I know it will be a while for his recovery Joel. Thanks for the info about your shortness of breath, fog and accelerated heart rate. I will relay the info to Cathy. He is definitely a fighter. He has come a long way the last few weeks in a positive way. Hope it continues that way. The main thing now will be getting rid of the trac and getting his strength and mobility back.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Glad to hear the positive news ! The man and his family have gone thru hell . Seems like he has a dependable medical staff and we should continue keeping Bobby in our prayers.
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
For sure.  I was terrified that was going to be it.  I lost my uncle in a similar way in November.  I’m so happy Bobby is doing so well given what he went through.  So thankful he has a good support team in Cathy and his medical staff!

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Bobby is off the ventilator now. They took it out of his room yesterday. Next will be getting rid of the trac. They took his water away, he isn't swallowing right. The speech therapist will work with him on his swallowing. Small steps but so far in the right direction.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s great news.  The swallowing will come back with time.   He had the vent in there for a long time.  It’s so encouraging to hear he’s making progress so quickly now.   It probably doesn’t seem like it, but this is great progress.  Thanks for the updates!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar