Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bobby Green setback

g · 9 · 3390

g

• View Profile
Bobby had a setback Sun. His temp spiked to 102 and he had trouble breathing. They put him back on the vent and discovered he has fluid in his right lung. Hopefully it's not pneumonia.Now they have to figure how to treat it. He is retaining urine but water pills are working for that.After they get rid of the fluid in his lungs, they will have to wean him off the ventilator again. He can't eat or drink till the ventilator is removed. He can still have ice though. Some of his blood gases were elevated which they think caused his off the wall coments. All his vitals are good and he is still getting physical therapy so he is getting a little stronger. He still gets tired easily, not surprising. He has been in good spirits which is nice.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s a bummer.  But he’s still moving the right direction.  Bumps in the road are to be expected.  Hopefully this is the last one.  He’s been through enough.   Thank you for keeping up up to date. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
I know he will have some sidesteps. Glad he is still at the facility he's at so they could hook him back up to the ventilator. I'll keep you informed when I know more Joel.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I really appreciate that.  Bobby is an awesome person.  He brought a trailer for my pontoon from Columbus to my place outside of Canton and wasn’t going to take any money.  He’s just that kind of friend.  So glad he did pull through and overall is improving.  I really hope he’ll be well enough to fish together this coming winter.  Even if it’s just taking a ride in my Wilcraft and all he needs to do is just sit and jig.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Bobby is doing better today. 😊 He is off the ventilator again and on a Trac oxygen mask. He was in a good mood and has been coherent speaking for a while. Hopefully it was just the elevated blood gases that caused his off the wall comments. He can have ice again but no liquids. No pureed food yet. Moving forward again. Yeah!!!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s wonderful!   Tell him hi next time you see him and so glad he’s improving so well!! 

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Bobby has been breathing on his own since yesterday. They are having a meeting Mon about when he can be moved to a nursing home.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great news!!  That is encouraging!!

Team Wilcraft!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Super news!! Although most IFO members don"t know Bobby, including myself, it's wonderful to read he is overcoming his problems! I'm sure I am speaking for all IFO members. What a fighter!! Keep it up my friend! Hope to see you on hard water next season!
My best friends are ice holes.

Vexilar