Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Major setback for Bobby

g · 10 · 3559

g

• View Profile
Bobby had a major setback this morning. He was transferred to OSU at 3 this morning. He was having trouble breathing and his blood pressure kept dropping. Looks like he has pneumonia and an infection somewhere else they can't find yet. He is bloated and they need to figure why. They are giving him more oxygen no. Don't know anything more yet. Will post more when I know more. Really sucks cause he was doing so good.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That really blows!   I’m sorry to hear that.  Hopefully this is a brief setback and he’ll be back on the upswing soon.  Hope he gets to feeling better asap!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Sorry it's taken me so long to post. Bobby was back to his normal Mon. His breathing is good, 2 liters of oxygen during the day and 3 liters at night. They quit giving him blood pressure meds and yesterday it was 130/90. He gets 2 strong antibiotics for the pneumonia and blood infection. He is back to eating solid food. He is still in ICU because they don't have a regular room to move him to. Bad thing is he doesn't get physical therapy except sitting in a chair. He will probably be at OSU  for 4 or 5 days and then get moved either back to select or a nursing home in Woodstock. He had an EKG today but no results yet. At least he bounces back quickly, just wish they could figure a way to stop these episodes. He keeps telling Cathy he's tired of looking at hospital walls and is ready to go home. I can believe it since he's been in over 80 days.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s great he’s bounced back so fast!   I’ll bet he’s sick of it.  He’s not one to just lay around.  Probably driving him nuts.  Hopefully he’ll be moved back out of there soon and can get back home fairly quickly.  I know he’s frustrated, but the main thing is he’s improving and on the right side of the ground after all he’s been through!   Thanks for the update!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Bobby is getting moved to Prestigious Nursing Home in Marysville. He will still be on antibiotics for his infection and is only getting 1 liter of oxygen. Glad he will be getting physical therapy again. He's another step closer to home. He sure has gone through the ringer.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Sounds great-again!! Let's hope for no more setbacks but only continued improvement. He has had enough terrible health issues. Time to get onto a good health streak!! Give it hell, Bobby!!!!!
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed!  With his determination he should be home soon!!  I’m so glad he’s doing so well so fast after his setback.  Hopefully that was the last major speed bump in his recovery.   Fingers crossed!!

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Bobby got moved to Prestigious Gardens nursing home in Marysville room 202B. Glad he will be getting PT again to get him on his road to a full recovery. Go Bobby go. He will have his phone starting tomorrow.

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Great news!!  Hope you will be back on hard water next season. You are a tough man! Keep it going, Bobby!!
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update!  Glad to hear he’ll have his phone.  That’s great.   Hopefully it’s all good news and improvements from here. 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar