Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimisila ice report 12/27/22

Mr. Waldo

• View Profile
Slabslayer,

Is there fishable ice on Nimisila. I usually hit East Harbor first but the seiche sucked all the water out of bay.

Thanks

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m not sure.  Haven’t checked it yet.  I know as of Monday it wasn’t safe yet.  My father in law had to have a minor heart procedure done, so yesterday and today I’m not able to get out.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey slab  think the weather will  let ya get the wills  out 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m doubting it.  I’ll be out this winter for sure, but doubtful before the ice disappears.   My father in law had a heart procedure and he’s staying with us till tomorrow.   With the rain I’ll bet it’ll be gone by the weekend.   But the wills is ready and loaded in my trailer. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man i was sure the other day when it was  - 10  there would be  a good start.....i was even starting to see early tce pics......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I know. Me too. If it wouldn’t have been so windy, we would’ve had an amazing ice base.  I’ve got a fridge full of bait in the Wilcraft is ready.  I thought for sure it was going to last a lot longer than it’s going to. I’m super disappointed with the weather the next two weeks!

Team Wilcraft!

ice hole 2

• View Profile
Ditto, Slab! The weather forecast sucks! Just have to be patient and hope for the best!
My best friends are ice holes.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All we can do.  We got like two days in a couple places up here and I was tied up both days.  Super bummed out about that.   Hoping after this January thaw we’ll have a good second half of January and February. 

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar