flasher

stangcrazy85

• View Profile
i have seen these used on you tube and i need a bit of help understanding these

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
The Vexilar is a 3 color flasher. When you see them on a video than you might see a lot of extra flashes that the video camera picke up but cannot be seen by the human eye. You will see the unit in action on the Saugeye video I Just posted.

The red mark that is solid the bottom. When I lift my vibe you will see it rise as a smaller mark. If a fish appears in the cone than it will mark as a green line if it is a small fish or is on the outside of the cone. If it is a large fish or directly in the cone it will show up as a strong signal. When the red mark charges your red mark of your bait and they meet thn set the hook. Its like playing a video game. The vexilar will show suspending fish very well. Lets say you are fishing in 28 feet on the bottom for Saugeye, A mark appears at 14 feet. You reel up above the mark. When that mark starts moving up than hold on.

We will recieve 4 new units in the middle of Jan. for everyone to try out. This is the best way before you go out and purchase a unit. Please feel free to ask me about any of the features on the diferent models of the Vexilar.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I would like to fish with one as I have seen others do it but haven't had that hands on experience.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

stangcrazy85

• View Profile
i meant like a in line piece of metal like a spoon without the treble hook  one of those flashers

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Flashers are great, and a lot of different companies have their own models. You can get one reconditioned from Vexilar.com if you want to save some cash. They range from the most basic FL-8 to the more advanced FL-12 which is a great flasher. Then there are the FL-18 and FL-20 models which actually have a split screen that shows the whole water column on the right side and a zoomed image of the bottom six feet. You can also get deep water models in the FL-20 (and maybe also the FL-18).
In addition they have transducers that emit a cone of sonar at varying angles from 9 degrees all the way up to 19 degrees.
There are other features as well such as low power modes that give you an edge on fishing heavy cover. Once you figure one out you'll be a lot better on the ice. I know that I am.. I fished one the first time with my uncle when I was a kid and I didn't really understand it so I didn't give them much thought until the last couple of years when I used one with a family friend... Now I wish I'd had one that whole time and I'm kicking myself. I opted for the FL-18 after seeing that model in action a few months back.(I really liked the zoom feature)

Good Luck and good fishin'

ratherbe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Do you hae to lug a big battery around everywhere you go? How are they charged?
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have the FL-18 Ultra and the battery is fully encased with charging ports on the front of the unit. No matter what pack you go with, you can carry the battery right on the pack. The Blue Genz pack is the cheapest, but it doesn't have the charging ports.. still it's not a big deal to charge them that way... the biggest thing is that with the more economical packs, you have to buy the battery guage and all that separate
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
We wil have to get together and fish with one. I am very interested in learning more about these.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm sure it'll happen
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I think we high jacked the thread. Not sure what type a bait you are refering to. Maybe if someone can post a picture that would be great.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar