Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice near columbus

davek · 4 · 3724

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
I am coming from wisconsin between Xmas and new years and was wondering if there is ice close to columbus i would love to introduce my nephews to ice fishing we have been on the ice here in SW wisc since the first week of Dec

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey DaveK,

Thanks for joining. We have been on Indian which is 45 minutes west on 33 from Columbus. The fishing has been good for Ohio but the Ice is iffy in spots. We might get a cold snap after this warm up and if the ice holds than thats were i would go. We have plenty of members who go out and can keep you safe.

Keep watching the Indian Lake fishing reports and if something else  in Columbus freezes than it will be posted.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
David,
   thanks for the response hope the ice cooperates this week but looks iffy do you know how deep the water is and what they are catching. You might want to know the ice here in southwest Wi on the Mississippi is 3 - 6 and weve been catching white bass on raps at 40 feet. If any members make it this way give me a shout i can give you some places to go and how to fish them or at least what worked last time i was there hope to see ya on the ice merry christmas to all    Davek

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
We were on 2 to 4 inches. You had to be very carefull and i almost took a bath. I have it in the video section. It is warm and raining. My guess is that we wont be back on till next wednesday or Thursday.

Stay tuned and i hope i am wrong. You are alway welcome to come out with us. You can reach me at 614-361-5548
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar