Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 02:15:29 PM

Author Topic: indian lake  (Read 3604 times)

pete12

• View Profile
indian lake
« on: December 29, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »

im going to indian lake tomorrow 12/30/09 in search of an EYE or two. where is the best place to go with safe ice. i hear Moundwood is good but hows the ice...if not can i catch them at Long island. ive only been to indian lake one time with dad years ago,directions to these areas would be awesome. THANKS AND SEE YA ON THE ICE

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Re: indian lake
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »

take 33 to 117 i beleive turn left at the arrow that says long island follow it to pullof on right, be careful ice isnt to safe but what ice is. someone else might be able to give you better directions ive only been there once. i have heard someone caught eyes there this year but it could be a rumor.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:21:13 PM »

Hi Pete,

Welcome aboard. Your post was fine in general but i thought that you might get more info under indian. hope you dont mind me moving it.

There is a small chance i might go up tommorrow. I am going thursday for sure. Call me tom. and i can let you know if i am going to make it up and we can hook up. 614-361-5548. Your more than welcome to join us on Thursday. It is always better to go out in groups with the thin ice.

Please take a spud bar, flotation, rope and picks. CRV directions are correct to long Island. I think this will be the only ice that can be safe but please be carefull.

When you drive down long Island you will see and opening to the right and than another 100 yards further. Everyone is fishing on the right side. This freezes better than the left side due to a creek flow. Be carfull not to walk by the docks as homeowners have areators out.

We have great coverage and guys that will help you on Indian.

Thanks for joining us.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

pete12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:21:55 PM »

Thanks for the help!!!! David, maybe we can hook up tomorrow. if not maybe thursday......again thanks for the help.         Pete

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 05:05:03 AM »

keep us posted on how u did.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]