Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 05:05:10 PM

Author Topic: Indian Lake at Moundwood  (Read 3790 times)

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Indian Lake at Moundwood
« on: December 30, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »

Hey Guy's,

I spoke with Rob who fishes moundwood and said that you have to be very carefull. The ice that was pushed up is thicker. This is the rougher ice but the smooth is is thin because it was open water 2 day's ago. With the snow it will be hard to seperate the two.

Pete was out there today and hopefully we get a post.

Crv and me are going to be there at 7 am. If it is unsafe we will move to Long Island or Cranberry. If you are out and want to meet up give me a call at 614-361-5548.

Finally, It is nice to get ice info but you must understand that ice changes every day and you need to check your own path. Just watch the video i have posted where i was spudding a track that another fisherman took and the spud went through on the first hit. Luckily i did not take a bath.

You should have pics, spud bar, rope, and flotation to throw. Please be safe no matter what you read.

Thanks,

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

pete12

• View Profile
Re: Indian Lake at Moundwood
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »

Well ive got good news and bad news......the good news is that moundwood has 4 inches of ice.....the bad news is that we got SKUNKED!!!! we got to moundwood around 2 and fished until 7. i had 6 tip-ups out with bass minnows and chuck and i both were jigging(rapalas, vibes). two local guys went out with us, and two others showed up just before dark. nobody got anything. we didnt even see anything on the vexilar. be careful the ice in the channel is NOT good(less than an inch). when we left there was a blanket of snow on the ice. i talked with a couple locals and they said they have been doing good at longs catching gills nice pearch, crappie and an occational eye. hope this helps. David again thanks for your help!!!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:26:51 PM by pete12 »

Dockdabber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »

Dockdabber was at IL today also, and I really didn!t see any Ice I would get on except at Long Island.  Talked to Mike and was advised to either go to Long Island or stay on shore.  Everybody at LI was bunched up and not far out.  Will go back next wk when everybody goes back to work.  Will hit the ponds until then.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 05:38:44 AM »

thanks for the update dockdabber, going to Li today to try for panfish but im with u im planning on hitting some new ponds this weekend to see if there any good.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

let it freeze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »

The way LI sounds it must look like swisscheese.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar