Ice Fish Ohio Forum

directions

bluegillkiller

• View Profile
all i hear about is indian lake how do i get their from akron and is it worth the trip  what do i use and where do i go thanks kev

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hi Kev,

The fishing has been very good. Of course it is fishing and everyday is different. I would mapquest it to get the best directions. If you can find Moundwood ramp on mapquest we will all be there on the 16th for a demo day and we can show you the ropes.

The best bait at indian is a 3/16 vibe, colors to bring- gold and orange, blue silver, gold, coper, firetiger, white and silver.

You can buy these online here or at Le Vans bait store. If you come on the 16th I will have them at the event.

David

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Coming a long way to fish I'd spend the night, fish for 2days. If you map quest Indian Lake look for 117 this will take you to long Island ,drive back about a mile or so and you will see cars parked on both sides of the road, on the average if you fish on the north side of the rd you will be pan fishing, south nside of the road with a good walk you can fish both pan and saugeye. South side will put you on the north fork river. this has produced good saugeye bites in the past. Vibe 'e' works good and so does the sweedish pimple. Go early and stay late, saugeyes tend to slow off by 10 am and pick back up 3pm -dark.  My go to bait is the red vibe e , good luck!

bluegillkiller

• View Profile
thanks have to work the 16 wanna come and try the lake really bad been hittin good fish at saltfork  thanks for the info

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Lets us know when your coming and i am sure you can hook up with a member. If you come for 2 nights than i would stay in Belfountian unless the guys at indian know a better spot. I think it is a Holiday inn?

Keep us updated on Salt Fork. I know CRV is from that parts and would like to make a trip.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
hay dave ..... do you tip your vibes with anything....  if you dont mind saying....
Gaff its not just for chicken...

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
i know dave doesn't however i tip with a minnow head, i dont think it really matters we useally cacth fish both ways
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Vexilar