Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Berkley Gulp Alive?

Icebug84

• View Profile
Does anybody use Berkley gulp alive? I tried the 1" minnow yesterday on a bright orange jig and it seemed like the fish really liked it. I was just wondering if anyone else uses this bait, and what they think about it.
Kyle

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
i use the 3'' during soft water and have caught eyes on it never used through ice thought about it though
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I know they are deadly at Lake Erie drop shoting for Smallies during soft water. I think someone would have to use them to get a technique that would work through the ice. I want to try Drop Shotting through the ice so maybe i will give it a try.

Dan Armatage is going to be doing a Ice Fishing drop shot Demo on this subject at the Dayton Fishing and Hunting show this weekend.

We will have a booth if anyone is going please stop by and say Hi.

Keep us posted on this.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
They have good dropshot worms that I like to fish weightless on slow bites in the summer and fall, but I haven't used the alive stuff on ice... I have thought about using the 3" leeches for saugeye, but haven't yet.

The gulp crappie nibbles and maggots are great through!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
i tried the 3'' minnow on a jig 1/21 and got 3 good strikes but didn't connect, i was useing a short shank jig head next time i'll have some long shanks with me, but it did work, its worth trying again.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Love the colored gulp maggots for crappie and bluegill.  Have used some of the smaller minnows for crappies with good success.  All of this thru the ice.  They do work great in soft water, too.  My wife caught a 5# bass from Sippo this summer on a 3" gulp shad.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar