• View Profile
slides like a dream thru deep snow
huntin and fishin BERGS

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I like it.

I was going to use steel tubing but yours is a lot liter than what i was thinking about using.

Thanks for the pics.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

iceberg

• View Profile
i did some mods to make it stronger. i didnt have a center brace last yr and it sagged a lil now thats fixed it will work alot better
huntin and fishin BERGS

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
looks real nice... all ya need is a lil ice now.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
We made a sled that just measure long enough to fit our backpack shanty and wide enough to hold the shanty and two buckets. Took some pvc drilled a hole through it and made six rod holders off the back and sides. Used two eye bolts and tied a rope to them. took a couple inch high left over 2x4 pieces to make the legs. Took a pair of ole garage sale ski and screwed them to the bottom. The thing glides like a champ over anything, rough or smooth. One day I will get a pic of it and post it. It cost next to nothing to make and your own possibilites are endless in what you want to put on it or how big you want to make it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:09:49 AM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Guys,
Sorry for the long delay in getting my pics up but with no ice pulling the sled out was an after thought. Finally got everything together for a trip so I figured with it out I would snap some pics before it went into the truck. My bro created this using an old set of skis and some scrap wood. It works wonderfully and we have commented knowing now, how good it slides we would not have cut the skis shorter and made the box bigger. However, at this size it fits in my truck bed perfect!! When we are walking out we just put the stuff on the sled and go. When we are on Erie or pulling it behind a machine then we use the handles on the side and use some tie downs to X over all the gear and secure it down. The handles are great to just lift it in the truck and with the added bonus as doubling as tie down points. The right side fits our shanty perfect, the left is portioned to fit our buckets, propane and vex, etc. If there are several of us one will backpack the shanty and make room for others gear. Here are some pics. Let me know if you have questions.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:04:28 AM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a cool setup.  Very organized....wish I was that organized!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Thanks. Had it out this weekend and had several compliments on it. Everyone was suprised how easy I could move it around. The nice part is when you get back to the truck you just lift it up and put it in back. No moving or unpacking the gear!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's nice.  I have to unpack mine.  Didn't used to, but now my truck's open in back and I can't lock it up like I could with my cap.  I do miss that!  It's a PITA unloading and reloading my stuff every time.  >:(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Slabslayer I read in one of your post that you have a Trekkar. You know they sell travel covers for them. That would probly solve your problem.
turkey09

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have the cover.  My problem isn't weather, it's people.  I'm afraid to leave all my gear ln the open bed of my truck.  Once we get ice, my gear never leaves my truck.  I don't want to get it stolen, that would suck.  It's harder to steal the shanty then to reach in and grab my tackle bag, rod bucket, camera, or flasher.  I can lock everything up in my truck, and my windows are tinted so dark, you can't see what's in the back seat!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar