Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Conditions 1/10/2010

Guest · 5 · 22747

JustNutts

Ice looks very good at the park, didnt bring an auger but seems to be in good shape. The main road down the winding road is closed so its a long walk down the hill to get down to the lake. Mt gilead is close to where I grew up and I fished it when I was a kid and NEVER caught a fish. EVER. So I would be interested in hearing if somebody else has any luck.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 04:17:53 PM by Russ »

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
its good for trout in the spring when they dump, ive caught some nice 10'' crappie while trout fishing and a couple nice bass, wouldnt recomend eating anything but trout cause everything else had worms.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

JustNutts

nice... speaking of that man i caught bunches of fish at lake erie last year that had worms... What causes it????

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
im not sure, that surprises me that lake erie would have worms, i've always herd it was only a small lake problem, i don't know much about erie but is it possible it could have been sea lice, or is that only a salt water issue.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Williamskava

• View Profile
Only ice I found was at 2 intersections in my neighborhood in Falls Church.  Plenty of wet leaves though. 

Ride with a death wish 

Just kidding about that last part

Vexilar