Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Report

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Just got back from the lake. I fished in the bay back by the campground. The ice was 5 -7 inchs. I fished from 10 am until 1 pm and caught 35 bluegill with 26 of them being nice keepers. A few of them were some really nice redears. Also I drove by the C-6 lot/ launchramp and there was ice but I dont advise going out there as it was wide open water Tuesday last week. I will be going to Portage Lakes Old State Park this evening for crappie and back to Nimisila in the morning if anyone wants to go.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I fished from 9 am to 2 pm and between my dad and I we caught more fish then I wanted to count. We were back in the campground again today fishing in 8 ft. of water. The hot colors seem to be orange and chartruse. I stopped by the C-6 lot and the small bay has 5 inch's on it but at the mouth of the bay the ice drops to 1 inch real quick. Ill be meeting my dad up there around 8 am tomorrow if anyone wants to go out just let me know.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I went out this morning from 8 am until noon. I started back in the campground and only caught a dozen gills and 1 really nice perch. I then moved over to the c-6/ launch ramp and only caught a few small gills. If you go to the c-6 please be very careful. Just past the mouth of the bay it goes from 5 inch's to 1 inch real quick.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I actually had to do some work today so I was only able to fish from 12 to 2pm. I fished back in the campground. I caught about 20 bluegill and almost all of them were dinks. The was 6 inchs where I was. I will be out there early tomorrow if anyone wants to go.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Fished back in the campground today. The ice was 6 inch's where I was. Over by the c-6 lot the ice is not safe as it is starting to open back up. I caught about 15 keeper bluegill and 1 crappie. 

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I got to fish today with my wife. We caught about 40 bluegill and 1 nice crappie. The ice was 5 inchs. Lots of slush and water on the ice. If you go just be careful.

JustNutts

Thanks for all the reports, sounds like I need to check it out. I havent had shit for luck at Indian this year.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I know that Indian is about 3 hrs from me and the fishing isn't that great here for me to drive that far. We have been having a better season then the last several have been though. If you do want to come out some time let me know and I can show you a few decent spots that we have found.

JustNutts

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Im in Canal Fulton. Its about 20 min south of Akron. I think you are about 2 1/2 hrs from me. 

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I made it out for a couple hours before it started raining. The fishing was lousy. I only got 6 gills and 1 perch after throwing everything in my box at them. The ice was about 6 inchs back by the campground. All the snow and most of the slush had froze up over night but the rain isnt helping out much now.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I caught a dozen nice gills and crappie this morning. It was really slow compared to what we were doing last week. the ice was 6 inch's back by the campground. I might go to Old State Park or Mogadore this evening if anybody is interested

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I fished for 3 hrs and all I caught was 1 golden shiner. All the fish would bump and run or I should say the 3 nibbles were bump and run. The ice was 5-6 inchs of good ice and another 2 of gray ice. I will be back tomorrow morning to try it again.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I fished back by the campground again today. The ice was really cracking and popping this morning. the ice was 6-7 in the middle of the bay but gets thinner as you get closer to the main lake. I stopped drilling at the small island where it was 2 inch of clear and 2 inch of gray ice. I did a little better then yesterday with 2 redears over 10 inch but the rest mainly 4 to 7 inch.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Fished back in the campground today. The ice varied from 4 to 7 1/2 inch's. The shorelines are starting to melt so be carefully coming on and off the ice. Caught about 40 gills and perch but few keepers.

Vexilar