Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/12/10

crv423 · 15 · 10072

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
heading to the galena ramp cove today with dave, hopefuly we'll catch some fish, and dave will learn something, i'll keep him busy, baiting hooks and taking fish off MY hook ;D
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
let us know how the ice is and how the fishing goes good luck

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
between dave and i we caught close to 150 crappie, no bs 150, brought home close to 50 over 10''  dave also caught 2 lrg mouth bass 1 was close to 3lbs also caught alot of small gills, ice is still iffy, went threw with spud on one hit infront of ramp, but found 4'' next to africa rd. i will post pics under ice pics after i clean them,
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Team Mac

I have never fishied there...Where on africe road did you find the good ice

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
if u go up africa u will see where all the holes are it gets crowded not like indian but a few.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Head north on on Africa coming from the Dam. The first creek on the left is the Galena Ramp. Go over the creek and park. You will be fishing on the west side in about 21 feet.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

MarbleEYEs

• View Profile
What were they hitting on?  I'll probably be there thursday with some waxies.

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
a few on jigs and waxy, but i would say the plain hook and minnow dominated for me, the action was so hot u could only fish with one pole, so i chose to use a double hook line, i put a waxy and jig 6'' below a minnow below a bobber, and set it 3' from bottom, at time i was marking solid fish at the bottom upto5' off the bottom, useing the two hook meathod 3 times i caught double. Dave caught quit a few on a small jig and plastic with no bait, i also caught a few on an orange hair jig, it was one of those days no matter what u put in front of them they ate it. we were on the hot spot though, if ur not fimilar were this stump is u might not do as well, the few guys within 5yds of us didn't do as well most did leave with around 10 fish
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

MarbleEYEs

• View Profile
Awesome thanks!  I've fished right off the rocks before but don't know anything of the stump.  Hopefully I will find enough for dinner.

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i'll be there 2morrow  before sunrise, say hey u can fish right next to me i'll b on the stump, always in camo head 2 toe or in a shapell if cold.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Fuzzygrub

• View Profile
I fished your holes after you left on Tuesday, thanks for the heads up. I didn't fare as well as you. I landed about a dozen crappie, only half would have been keepers. The bite died right at pitch dark.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
i'll be there 2morrow  before sunrise, say hey u can fish right next to me i'll b on the stump, always in camo head 2 toe or in a shapell if cold.

That's why I didn't see you at Dunn's last weekend  8)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i live only 5mins from this spot no need to dr 1hr to get to indian when theyr hitting here ;)
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Will anyone be there tommorow? i am thinking of going out or maybe sat want to get out before the warm up. Fish alum a lo tbut htis will be the frist time through the ice i fanyone would like to fish just let me know I will be in all black or camo cover all and black carhart coat with mossy oak beanie will be bucket sitting stop and say hey

also how thick is the ice?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:47:17 AM by fishintechnician »

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
4'' of ice, there was 15-20 guys outthere today so they'll probley be there the next two days, i fished from 6am to 2:30 only brought home 10 keepers marked alot just wasn't hitting.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Vexilar