Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rod Protection

davek · 3 · 3677

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
 As many of you know I have two very active boys and am trying to cut down on replacing rod tips this year (I buy them by the gross it seems like) I saw some cheap cases by Nature Vision on Ebay for less than 3 bucks a piece you have to buy 12, so i tried it, may as well give the boys a hammer, they are not user friendly on a daily basis but would probably be ok for summer storage with care. You have to bend the rod to get it in and at that the line catches on the edge and breaks, I struggle trying to get the rods in and out let alone have the boys try it, back to the bucket, I did pick some cases up at Cabelas today that should help us survive the trip to Ohio at Xmas they were marked down from 29 dollars to 14. Dave

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
Davek,
I know how you feel about your rods, I have two young boys also and that is what made me start keeping them in an arrow case. It's foam is slotted that hold onto my rod nicely. There is room enough for 3 but I can prob get a fourth in. I also velcro a 2 sided jig box inside for convenience.
The size of mine is 36.5x10.5x 4 inches, made by fieldlocker for 16$.
Works pretty good, just nice not worrying about the rods in bottom of shanty.

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Cool deal thanks for the tip ill look into it Dave

Vexilar