Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2010/11 ice report

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
any one gone out to check?? I'm headin over there tonight sometime to check.
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
Just got back from checking the ice...UNSAFE.... 1/2" clear ice, 1 1/2" slush, 1" of white ice. @ the main boat ramp.. at the boat ramp closest to the railroad tracks/springfield someone drove a boat from across the lake through about an inch or more of white ice and took it out of the water. so everywhere i could check from dock/shore was thin even from shore away from the dock.  probably next weekend at the earliest.
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the report Slab Junkie!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Im glad you were able to check it out. Ive been want to stop by and check it out. I only live 10 minutes from there now so i think that will be my go to spot this year hopefully. Hopefully the snow were getting wont ruin it.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
YA I THINK ITS ALSO GONNA BE ONE OF MY GO TO SPOTS ALONG WITH A PRIVATE LAKE IN THE AREA

YOU WOULD WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO BE THE TIM SMITH THAT RACES A BMW WOULD YOU??
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:34:57 AM by SlabJunkie »
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
No thats not me. I live down by the County Line so if you want to meet up and fish let me know.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
k, I live on Eberly close to where the old baseball fields used to be. I am out every chance I can get. we'll definatly get out and do some fishing together..
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Stop out today to check it out. I went to to main park at the shallow ramp and then over to the deep ramp. There was about 4 inches of slush then 1 inch of ice underneth at both ramps. The ice is still NOT safe. Good news is that most of the snow we got has blown of the ice. Hopefully it wont be long.

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
I also checked it on my way home last night and I think there may be a good chance to be fishing there by the weekend since a majority of the snow was blown off. i went out on the end of the docks at both locations and couldn't get the ice to crack (while i was holding onto the pole th dock is connected to) i was pounding my boots on it an bouncing on it, so i think there is a good chance for the weekend. now i will just have to decide if i should try and fill my last deer tag or check the ice to see if it is safe enough to get out?? ???
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ill try to stop down a drill a few hole of the end of the dock today. All I had tocheck yesterday was a piece of rebar in my work truck and it was going through with one or two hits. 

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
looks like i was popping holes in the wrong place. I went to the end of the dock and there was 3 inch's of hard clear ice with 2 inch of white crunch on top. Someone else had gone out today. They went out pretty far, probably a couple hundred yards from what I could see. I'm a big guy so I wasn't going to try going out by myself. Ive been through to many times in the past. I think I might check it out this weekend. Its almost time. I think I'm ready. Better go check my gear and reorganize my jigs for the 10th time

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
I have to work saturday and decided to hunt the afternoon an try an fill my last tag.. I WILL be out sunday first thing! starting at wingfoot if i'm not comfortable to fish there i'll head to palm rd or my pond... i'm goin somewhere jus don know where. let me know if you're gonna be out sunday and we'll meet up!
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
Just talked to my cousin who is on the lake right now. the ice is "ok" he has only found one spot that was 2in-slush-2in everything else has been 4-6in. USE CAUTION!!! i will be out there sunday am for sure, i'll be wearing black carharts or in a black 2-man frabill flipover, be sure to say hello if ya see me
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Did he happen to say where that spot is?

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
No he didn't, i know he was in between the 2 islands and he had tried to find the tire reef by the time i asked him about the quality of th ice. he ended up catchin 6-8 crappie all about the same, 8in. i'l still planning on bein out in the morning!!
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

Vexilar